Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Good Kind of Broken

Today, was in a word, great. I received a lot of affirmation, which really helped to lift my spirits. I've been struggling recently with staying positive, but I managed to get a handle on it today. Then tonight we had the Reach Conference. It was amazing, I'm still in awe over it not. The conference brought me back to a place I haven't been for such a long time. My heart was broken, as it should be. I've become so content in my little "Christian bubble". My heart has become so hard for those who don't know the joy of the Lord. Don't get me wrong, I've always been proud of missionaries and supported and encouraged them, but I haven't felt for the people they are going to reach. Until tonight, I was reminded of the love for people I have, that I've always had. As a child, I remember when I first learned people went to Hell, I cried for them. As if it were  my best friend going to Hell, I cried. I still don't feel called to missions, though I wish I was. However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be praying for these people. All these people that haven't been reached, all these people who don't have the same hope. All of these people, that my God loves and wants to reach. I want my heart to ache when His does. I want to never forget these emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment