Saturday, February 25, 2012

Emotions

One of my weakness, one of the hardest things I deal with now. Emotions have always been a problem for me. When I was younger I was a bottler, a really good one too. If something was wrong no one knew, I looked happy as could be when everything felt like it was going wrong. I would journal, and as I grew older I forgot all about it. One day I found my journal and ripped it up, putrid, filled with hate. Now, well now I'm the opposite. I wear my heart on my sleeve, I cry at the drop of a hat, and anger...well anger is an issue too. I find it hard to be real still, because now sometimes I'm judged for being so "emotional" for not being "strong", it's hard for me to find a balance between the extremes. Even now, as I write this I'm angry, but I know that I can't write what I'm angry about. Gossip kills, not only does it kill others, but it can also kill you. Emotions are great, but there are times they need to be controlled, and times they need to be let go. As I continue now with my adult life, I need to find that healthy boundary. It isn't an easy task for me, but I know it is definitely something I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment