Monday, April 23, 2012

That Moment

The water bubbled over, too much wood in the fire, the bomb went off. What ever you want to call it I'm there. I'm a junior, and my life has gotten quite busy lately. Not only am I struggling with finals, I also am carrying a lot of emotional baggage. It's a tough time for me because my father goes to war soon, my mother is in California, and I am in Washington. That right there is enough to make me cry, but still more piles on. I am trying to finish strong and keep hope alive. For I have the greatest hope of all, but right now, I just keep nudging myself forward. It's funny, as many others are looking forward to their classes ending I can't look at it with the same light. A few days later I will be beginning another set of classes until the end of May. As people are happily going home I'll remain behind. I know I have hope...it's just really hard to see right now. "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment