Thursday, April 12, 2012

Negativity

It's like a poison, a dangerous poison. I can't stand it, it's hard to listen to and to be around. I imagine it as a monster, just destroying and killing. It's enough to make me fearful and carefully watch myself and my actions. It grows and continues and kills. At times there is no stopping it until everything is dead. Titus 3:10 tells a lot about my feelings. Right now I can feel other people as the anger rises. It's crazy, but sadly it's a part of life. Life is too short to be bitter, at times that's hard for me to understand but I know I have to get over things.

I often feel like I'm looking at myself, I compare it to what I used to be. Is that what I look like? Is that what I sound like? I just want to ask, is that the kind of Christian I want to be? I know my Jesus, the one who gave his life for me, would want so much more than that from me. I want to put negativity behind me, I never want to see myself in that vicious little circle. It's such a horrible thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment