Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday to Monday

I live a pretty normal life, I'm a college student, I'm unemployed, I have plenty of friends and I love Jesus. The beginning of this week has been an amazing two days. From singing in two different churches to sitting in Starbucks playing Warhammer 40k. Sunday was purely amazing, I witnessed so many people being reached, even better was the second church. Not only was the food amazing, but the time of worship, my eyes were drawn to children all through the audience, they were so involved in worshiping and praising God that it brought tears to my eyes. My heart was touched and I was so happy to be a part of the choir.

Monday morning I arrived back on campus at 1:30 in the morning and was awake at 7:30 to walk down to Starbucks. Now Warhammer 40k is a tabletop roleplaying game much like the game Dungeons and Dragons. Now I know what you're thinking, "That game is of the devil!" Well I have to say it is no more of the devil then Harry Potter, or Disney, or anything else with magic. Parents are quicker to accept that their children will dress up like a wizard then play a roleplaying game. My mother put it brilliantly when she told me it reminded her of when I used to play pretend. It's a lot like when we used our imagination as a child. I don't feel anything from God telling me that what I am doing is bad. It doesn't upset me spiritually at all (which things do sometimes such as voodoo, or things to do with the occult). This is not to say that the stereotype of Dungeons and Dragons is always wrong, if one cannot differentiate between fantasy and reality then it could prove to be a huge mental issue. Such is why the game is seen in such a negative light.

I however can see this difference and don't face any mental issues, instead I can praise my God with hundreds of other people and spend the next day playing a fun game with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment