Thursday, January 26, 2012

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Not only was this a title of a hit 90's tv show, it is also a question I ask myself a lot. For about a year now I have slept every night with a set of blue Christmas lights plugged in. I am afraid of the dark, I don't like it, it's unsettling and makes me quite paranoid. Even when the power went out last week I was so frightened I stayed in my friend's room just to have a bit more of a sense of calm. Since I was a child I had this fear, but as I grew older (and realized that really was just a sweater in my closet) I was no longer afraid. So, what brought about the sudden return of my fear? Spiritual Warfare, now I know several Christians who don't believe in spiritual warfare, I can full-heartedly say I do. I have experienced it a few times in my dreams, each time when I am at my strongest and doing work for God's kingdom. This warfare comes to me in the form of nightmares, each sharing the common element of pitchblackness. Now, you're probably thinking "if you can't see anything what makes the dream so scary?" There are many more elements to the dreams, ones however that I won't post about. These dreams however have left their mark on my poor psychy. At times I'm terrified, that however is when I turn to prayer and the Lord for guidance. Now it's true, these dreams scare me, but when I wake up from one, once I calm down I can't help but smile. I know exactly why I had that dream, I am doing something the devil doesn't want me to do. I am furthering God's Kingdom. I am making a difference and saving souls from Hell. I may be terrified, but I won't stop. If I have to have the Christmas lights on for the rest of my life, it is worth it. I am a woman of God, His will comes long before my fear. 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' (Isaiah 41:10 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment