Thursday, January 12, 2012

More Than A School Assignment

This blog...it was meant to be an easy assignment, it was meant to be something I did once a week just to get a good grade in a class. I feel however it will become so much more than that. Today in class we were asked about our Bible readings, I stated I was working through Psalm. Truth is I have yet to have my time in the Word today. I was probably going to forget about it. Even now my mind is going a mile a minute because of something that has been shared with me. I don't have all the answers, I don't have everything perfect in my life, I don't always know what to do. That, is how I feel right now. So what do I do? What any other college student does, I hop onto Facebook hoping to have some sort of distraction. A funny Youtube video here and there, perhaps a fun game I haven't played a while. Then it smacks me in the face. A friend of mine made a group, one similarly named to my blog called "The Path Less Traveled". I forget when I joined it, but right now I am thrilled that I did. My friend posted one a passage of scripture, one which, in a way makes me feel better.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 

My God is crying out, be it through another daughter of His, He is crying out. I feel a bit more at ease because I am heeding the call of my God. I may be burdened, but I can drop that all at His feet and He will help me through it.


This was supposed to be a school assignment, but I see it becoming so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment