Sunday, March 25, 2012

To Be Willing

I've been reflecting for a while now, just what does it mean to be willing? We have been told we will suffer for Christ. I understand that, but is that a willing suffering? Are we like Jesus in that way? In that we don't want to, but understand we need to? Or are we honestly willing? I know it isn't along the same lines, but I can't help but think of my Choralons concerts. At times my attitude fits both categories. Sometimes I come happy and able to sing my heart out for the people there. Though others I simply feel miserable, my heart isn't in it, but I sing because I know I have to (God often changes my heart in the midst of this, but my original attitude is what I am talking about). So what does it mean to be willing? Am I willing simply because I go? Or am I willing because I want to go? I think about Jesus when he asked God to take the burden from him, if it was God's will, yet soon after he came and died for us. He didn't flee, he didn't fight back, instead he scolded Peter for fighting and went peacefully with the guards to what he knew was his death. So I ask again, what does it mean to be willing?

No comments:

Post a Comment