Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Disney, Safety, and Anger

An odd combination no? Yet it's interestingly the one I find myself in tonight. Currently my father and older brother are home in California with my mom and younger brother. So they decided they were going to take a trip to Disneyland and enjoy three days of fun together. What does that have to do with me? Well Disney has always been a massive family event, none of us have gone without one another before, so I decided to ask for a sweatshirt from Disneyland for myself. We have been communicating mostly over text message because of all things we know Disneyland is the hardest place on earth to talk on the phone. Having just picked out what I think will be my birthday present (don't quote me on that) I now am working on a safety training exercise for my would be volunteers.

See the connection now? It's amazing all the ideas I have to incorporate into this project, it makes me wonder how many will in fact stay with me after this project is over. So I bet you're thinking the anger is tied in with my frustration toward trying to figure out what to keep and what to throw out right?

WRONG!

I see one of my friends hanging out with well...a bad influence...and I have no idea how to bring it up to her...time to pray for wisdom for the situation, or even still pray if I'm the one who is meant to speak to her. Sometimes we have to make our own mistakes (something I dread letting others do). I'm learning to accept this truth, even though I want to guard and save people from their hardships, sometimes I just need to let go and be there after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment