Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Contentment

Currently it is a season of love and change for many of my friends. While I am truly happy for them, I find myself facing one of my biggest opponents and one of the "Seven Deadly Sins". Envy is it's name. I watch as smiling pictures of woman I have come to know embrace their loved ones and show a nice shiny ring to the camera. Happiness radiates from the picture. I long for that, and if you know me, truly know me, you know patience is one of my weaknesses. It's hard for my to return to a state of contentment. Hard, but not impossible. A wise woman once told me "Jesus is not a tease" this wise woman shows me it's true as she is now happily engaged. I will have my time, but I cannot fast forward to that part of my life, no matter how much I want to. I am living in this season of my life, and must learn to be content with it of I ever hope to move on to the next. It is a struggle, but at the same time a blessing. One that I will happily face and endure. For God has a plan for all of us. It is simply a matter of letting Him guide us in His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment